Wesley Methodist School is a rapidly expanding Malaysian private schools in Malaysia. Having started in Kuala Lumpur, there are now also Wesley Methodist School in Ipoh, Klang, Melaka and Seremban.
Our vision is “To be Schools of Excellence and is shared by all our schools. At Wesley Methodist School, you will discover a place where students will be nurtured and developed holistically to their fullest potential and character marked by excellence in Academic performance, Character formation and Extra-curricular achievement.
Wesley Methodist School Kuala Lumpur was originally known as Kolej Methodist Sentul Campus. The Presidential Task Force set up by the Methodist Church in Malaysia in 1976, recommended that the character of Methodist Private Schools, which had provided a second chance for dropouts from the government system, be transformed, in order to provide quality education. Today the school is one of the most sought after Private Secondary Day Schools in the country, with hundreds of aspiring students being turned away each year because of lack of places. Wesley Methodist School Kuala Lumpur takes pride in providing a well balanced all-round education with strong emphasis on character development based on good moral values, culminating in academic excellence with a high standard of discipline.
Wesley Methodist School Melaka traces its roots to Methodist Girls’ Continuation School which was founded round about 1935 by Miss M.D.Royce. The school was later renamed Methodist Girls’ Afternoon School. It was a private school run by the Methodist Mission for girls who failed to get places in fully assisted government schools. The operation of the school was disrupted by the Second World War but reopened in 1945. Classes were held in the afternoon in the premises of the Methodist Girls Secondary School. Beginning 1963, some classes were accommodated in the former Malay Girls Hostel building. The students studied the same syllabus as the fully assisted government schools! The school’s name was later changed to Methodist Girls Institute (Institut Methodist Perempuan). Then in June 1994 the school became known as Methodist High School Melaka (Sekolah Tinggi Methodist Melaka). In line with the Methodist Council of Education’s aspiration to rebrand all our Private Methodist Schools, the school was renamed Wesley Methodist School Melaka (Sekolah Methodist Wesley Melaka) with effect from December 2009.
Wesley Methodist School Klang began as Methodist Girls Continuation School in 1949. It was started by Mrs. D. L. Gulland and Mrs. G. S. Arumugam to cater for over-aged girls who were anxious to continue their education disrupted by the 2nd World War.In 1958, it was renamed as Eklund Methodist Girls School in honour of Rev. & Mrs. Abel Eklund who pioneered education in Klang Town since 1924. In 1974 the name of the school was changed to Methodist Institute and in 1980 it became the Methodist High School admitting both girls and boys.In 2009, the Council of Education of the Methodist Church in Malaysia through the full support and involvement of WMS Kuala Lumpur (Sentul), renamed the school as Wesley Methodist School Klang.WMS Klang is a secondary school preparing the students for two Malaysian Public Examinations, PMR and SPM.